Changes in the past year
Some of the latest modifications and additions are listed below.
- August 30, 2020
After probably months, if not years, the contact for has been fixed and now we can
accept emails again.
- June 4, 2016
A major re-design initiative is in progress and will be rolled-out in small phases:
- Further improvements to the mobile site
- Replaced the modal window used for confirming important actions with a flat design
- Several changes to the forms and buttons throught the site
- June 3, 2016
Another 1586 coins with full specifications and images have been added to the Coin Vault
and hundreds of Krause - Misler numbers have been added to coins specifications.
- June 2, 2016
Fleur-de-coin.com has now switched to HTTPS for the following reasons:
- It is more secure, although we are not storing any sensitive information (e.g. financial details)
on our servers
- In some cases we are trying to identify your country and pre-fill it in the log-in / registration
forms and the shopping cart). This is done only for usability reasons (i.e. to save you a few clicks),
but a recent change in Chrome disabled this feature for sites running on plain HTTP
- Google has announced that switching to HTTPS may provide a small ranking boost with the
search engine results
- HTTPS also support HTTP/2 which offers improved performance. Although this feature is not
currently supported by our servers, it may very well be in the future accelerating our web pages
- May 2, 2016
Our newest campaign aims at re-enforcing the sense of security while shopping on-line. To this end, we have created
a new section on the site titled Buyer Protection, where our policies and guarantees
are properly explained and outlined. We also increased the visibility of our customers' quotes about the great
services we provide and our goal will be completed with a switch to HTTPS in the following weeks or months.
- April 2, 2016
We have not been updating this page for some time, but the site is undergoing contant upgrading. Lately, we removed
the bank fees for payments via wire transfer and we have substituted numerous images of coins with high-resolution ones.
- October 15, 2015
We just deployed a new release of Fleur-de-coin.com which contains the following important changes:
- Mobile site: The new version of the mobile site sports a new top menu and countless tweaks for better
results on mobile devices
- Bugs: We found several problems in the Links section of the site and the Dictionaries. We decided to
re-engineere the entire solution aiming for a better user experience and improved search engine visibility
- Better printing for the webpages
- Improvements: We also moved ahead with semantic searching, incorporating the latest and greatest in these fields
- September 8, 2015
We have started implementing some performance tweaks, minor improvements in the UI and regular bug fixed.
- September 1, 2015
We have started another round of improving our content, by adding more information about the coins and sets
available on the site. Moreover, a serious bug was discovered that caused the Price History of the coins,
sets and banknotes, as well as the recommendations for sets and banknotes to not show up on the webpage.
- August 25, 2015
We added a new web page dedicated to our Returns Policy, with all the
necessary information about returns and refunds.
- July 22, 2015
We implemented another customer's suggestion, to show the mintmark of the coins (e.g. for Germany and Greece)
on the emails we send when your order is shipped. This was omitted in the past.